Raise the Flag for Samoan Language week

Today was the flag ceremony for Samoan language week. It was a cold and rainy morning so Fotu did their ceremony in the hall instead of the netball courts.  The assembly started off with a song called Fa’afetai I Le Atua. After the song the hosts said a prayer. The ceremony felt like a church service. They also read a Bible verse from the book of Salamo (Psalms).

Mr Leaupepe and Ms Johnston said a few words, which was really nice and then the hosts ended the ceremony with a Prayer. My favourite part of the ceremony was when they read the bible verse because I enjoy reading the bible and it helps me to be at peace. In this photo below is my friend Selena who is taking a selfie in front of the Samoan Flag.

Thank you for reading…

By Telesia, Room 12

3 thoughts on “Raise the Flag for Samoan Language week

1. Talofa Lava Telesia,

I like the way you added a little comment about what you enjoyed the most. I also like the way the angle of the photo was. I love the background and how you included the Samoan flag. This reminds me to always read the bible. Something you should work on is your spelling. You didn’t make sense in one of your sentences. Keep up the good work!

1. Thank you for the advice.
      BTW I am not the one in the photo, that is my friend.
      Thank you Crystall…

Telesia

2. Hi Telesia. I liked how u talked about the Samoan ceremony and how u said it felt like a church service. It was great to hear the hosts reading the Bible verse. Keep up the good work